Pax Vaporizer Review: Facts about Pax by Ploom
The Basics of the Ploom Pax
The Ploom Pax is a portable vaporizer that stands out with its distinctive modern look and stylish color options. The vaporizer is designed for aromatic blends. Here’s a run-down on the key features of the Pax.
– Reputation – At vape shops across the country and online, the Pax herbal vaporizer consistently gets top marks. Ploom has also indicated that the Pax Vaporizer is FDA tested and approved.
– Ease of Use – The Ploom Pax vaporizer is relatively simple to use. The magnetic lid makes the vaporizer easy to open and close. To conserve space, the mouthpiece doubles as the power switch. Some may find it difficult to draw from the device at first; however, it is relatively easy to master even for beginners.
– Guarantee – Ploom provides a 10-year limited warranty against defects on the Pax vaporizer.
– Price – The Pax retails for around $250, putting it at the higher end of the price range for portable vaporizers – but still less expensive than some top-of-the-line desktop models. To purchase one, see VaporPlants.com, and use coupon code VP10 for 10% off.
– Prep Time – With the Pax, there’s very little prep time required. To take the guesswork out of vaping, a green indicator light lets you know when the device is at ideal working temperature.
– Portability, Size and Privacy – The Pax fits easily into a pocket and is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. The unique design of the Pax makes it rather discreet. Most people who aren’t vaping enthusiasts won’t recognize the device as a vaporizer.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – A conduction vaporizer, the Pax heats up herbs inside of an oven chamber that can be packed like the bowl of a pipe. The design includes three temperature settings with indicator lights that allow you to easily see how hot the device is at any given time. The Pax does not have a reputation for combusting herbs, and its temperature regulator seems to be accurate.
– Power Supply – The Pax comes with a rechargeable lithium ion battery that can be fully charged in less than 2 hours. It can be used for up to 2 hours of continuous use on a full charge. One of the features that has helped build a positive reputation for Pax vaporizer at smoke shops, is its battery indicator light. This light lets you easily see if the battery is fully charged, half charged, or nearly exhausted by shining in three distinct colors.
Pros of the Ploom Pax
- The compact size and long battery life sets the Ploom Pax apart from other portable vaporizer models.
- The three temperature settings allow you to customize your vaping experience while avoiding combustion.
- The device has an automatic shutoff feature controlled by a motion sensor for added safety.
- A heavy-duty stainless steel filling chamber makes the Pax very durable.
- The vapor quality of the Pax is high, particularly when herbs are finely ground and the chamber is packed tight.
Cons of the Ploom Pax
- The magnetic top on the Ploom Pax is not completely leakproof. If you’re using concentrates inside, there is a risk for leakage. For this reason, it’s best to only use the Ploom Pax with dry herbs and tobacco.
- The mouthpiece helps to make the Pax discreet but it requires some practice to master the perfect draw.
- Replacement screens for the Pax are often unavailable due to the popularity of the device. This makes it important that you keep the screens clean and in good condition. The best way to do this is to soak them in a solution of 91 percent isopropyl alcohol for 1 to 2 days, and then rinse them with water.
Other Important Information and Tips
- For best results, clean the Pax every 10 to 12 uses following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Save the box from the Pax vaporizer; it makes a convenient storage case.